Key considerations for the use of AI in healthcare and clinical research
I published an article about key considerations for using AI in healthcare and clinical research. The key points from the article are:
- Medical AI is well-suited to complex input, personalised output and scaling through automation
- However, AI has limitations, and it’s generally better to Start with a problem rather than a solution. Its limitations include:
- Both clinical and machine learning expertise is required for medical AI
- Its not obvious how much data is required (although the more the better)
- There is currently no standardised environment for deployment of AI models
- The regulatory landscape for medical AI is evolving and unclear
Many of these points are also expanded on in this slideshow presentation (originally delivered as part of this module at Imperial College London).
You can read the full article here.